Becoming an accredited agent
In order to become Accredited Agents, applicants must fulfil the following requirements and conditions.
- Be residents in Malta
- Provide proof of residence in Malta (e.g. via utility bills)
- Hold a professional status and be members of a professional body
- Be certified as Authorised Registered Mandatories (ARMs) by the International Tax Unit at the Malta Financial Services Authority
- Hold a Professional Indemnity Insurance of €1Million
- Show that they have unrestricted access to a Due Diligence Database
- Provide proof of identity (Data Page of Passport and ID Card)
- Attend a mandatory briefing workshop
- Pay a fee of €1,500 to Identity Malta
- Fill in application form M7 Applicants appearing on behalf of a firm must provide an authorisation letter from the partners authorising them to appear on behalf of the firm for the purposes of the IIP. Forms and other related documentation could be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.