Potential applicants for Malta’s Individual Investor Programme need to make use of the services of Approved Agents (AA) who are authorised and trained to guide them through the whole application process.
These Approved Agents are professional individuals who are accredited in their own personal capacity or who work on behalf of firms. The Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency accredits individuals in order to ensure traceability, to facilitate communication and to ensure personal responsibility for each application including the carrying out of the Know Your Client (KYC) procedure on each client in line with the standards of the financial services industry.
Requirements and Conditions
In order to become Approved Agents, applicants must fulfil the following requirements and conditions. Applicants must:
- Be Maltese Residents.
- Hold a professional status and be members of a professional body.
- Be certified as Authorised Registered Mandatories (ARMs) by the International Tax Unit at the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Hold a Professional Indemnity Insurance of €1m.
- Show that they have unrestricted access to a Due Diligence Database.
- Provide proof of identity (Data Page of Passport and ID Card).
- Attend a mandatory briefing workshop.
- Pay a fee of €1,500 to the Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency
- Fill in application form M7 Applicants appearing on behalf of a firm must provide an authorisation letter from the partners authorising them to appear on behalf of the firm for the purposes of the IIP. Forms and other related documentation could be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every agent must also be cleared through the Malta Police Authorities.
MIIP Handbook 2018 – 3rd Edition
This guide will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of how to complete in detail the Malta IIP application forms and the documentation required to support an application from both the main applicant and their family.
Contributions & Fees
The following contributions and fees shall be required as a minimum to qualify for citizenship under the IIP:
- Main applicant – €650,000
- Spouse – €25,000
- Each Dependant child aged 0-17 – €25,000
- Each Dependant child aged 18-26 – €50,000
- Each Dependant aged 55 or above – €50,000
- per person – €500
Due Diligence Fees
- Main applicant – €7,500
- Spouse – €5,000
- Each Dependant child aged 13-17 – €3,000
- Each Dependant child aged 18-26 – €5,000
- Each Dependant aged 55 or above – €5,000
- per application – €200