Data Protection Policy
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (Cap 586) regulate the processing of personal data whether held electronically or in manual form. The Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency is set to fully comply with the Data Protection Principles as set out in such data protection legislation.
The Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency collects and processes information to carry out its obligations in accordance with present legislation. All data is collected and processed in accordance with Data Protection Legislation and in line with LN47 of 2014.
Personal Information is accessed by the employees who are assigned to carry out the functions of the Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency. Personal Data will be disclosed to the Agency’s employees and other relevant stakeholders as indicated in LN47 of 2014. Disclosure can also be made to third parties but only as authorized by law.
You are entitled to know, free of charge, what type of information the Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency holds and processes about you and why, who has access to it, how it is held and kept up to date, for how long it is kept, and what the Unit is doing to comply with data protection legislation
Your personal data is collected through the LN47 of 2014.
The following schedule outlines the retention requirements for the various categories of documentation within the Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency.
- Biographical data (including surname, forename(s), nationality(ies) (at birth and at the time of filling in the Application), place of birth, date of birth, marital status, sex and full residential address in Malta and abroad);
- Contact details (telephone number, mobile number and e-mail address);
- Personal details contained in the travel documents(s) attached to support the Application (including travel document type and number, country of issue, date of issue, date of expiry and scanned copy of the bio-data page of the travel document);
- Information about the stay in Malta (including date of first settlement to Malta, intended duration of stay in Malta, country of residence prior to settlement in Malta, intended country of next settement);
- Financial information, such as bank statements, bonds and/or other proof of financial assets belonging to the Data Subject in support of the Application;
- Personal data contained in the Residence Permit Card issued to the Data Subject, including card body number, Maltese ID Card number and document number;
- Information about family and dependents, including the full personal details of the latter;
- Information as to whether the Data Subject has carried out military duties, served in the armed forces of any country, or received any military training, or has been part of any other military and/or paramilitary organisation;
- Information about the criminal history of the Data Subject, particularly as to whether the Data Subject has ever been arrested, charged, convicted, found guilty or been discharged of any crime(s) against the law of any country, has ever been charged or accused of illegal activity of any nature in any country, has ever been involved, directly or indirectly, in the financing of terrorism, or terrorist activities, has ever been involved, directly or indirectly, with any terrorist or criminal organisation, has ever been under investigation by any law enforcement agency or tax authority in any country, either personally or as a director of a company;
- Information as to whether the Data Subject has ever been involved personally, or as a director of a company, in any bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation;
- Information as to whether the Data Subject has ever been refused admission to, or been unlawfully present in, or been deported from, any country, has ever assisted anyone to unlawfully enter, be present, or leave, any country, has ever been refused a residence permit in any country, and/or has ever had an application for citizenship refused in any country;
- Information as to whether the Data Subject is a “Politically Exposed Person” or not;
- Information about the marital status of the Data Subject;
- Information concerning other countries where the Data Subject is authorised to temporarily or permanently reside;
- Unique identifiers such as Passport, ID Card and Social Security numbers;
- Information about language(s) knowledge and level of such knowledge;
- Information about the work and business of the Data Subject;
- Biographical details and residential address of father(s), mother(s), spouse(s), brother(s) and sister(s) and child/children of Data Subject;
- Details of the residential addresses of the Data Subject of the 10 years previous the Application;
- Information on educational history and qualifications, including the diploma(s) and/or qualification(s) obtained by the Data Subject and the details as of the issuing institution(s) and period of study;
- Information on the employment history of the Data Subject for the 10 years previous the Application, and as to whether the Data Subject was employed or self-employed at the time of the Application, including annual income and position held;
- Information concerning the net worth of the Data Subject;
- Information on the bank account held on the name of the Data Subject used for the purposes of the Application;
- Information as to the health status of the Data Subject as indicated by an authorized physician;
- Information concerning the assets held by the Data Subject and the business and corporate affiliations of the Data Subject;
- Information as to the jurisdiction(s) where the Data Subject has his residency for tax purposes.
- Personal data contained in the proof of payment of the CRV;